111 – one hundred and eleven
111 is a powerful duet between two exceptional dancers – Joel Brown and Eve Mutso – as they explore their different strengths and vulnerabilities. Joel is a paraplegic dancer, self-trained, who dances with CandoCo – the UK’s leading inclusive dance company and Eve is former principal dancer with Scottish Ballet.
111 is the number of vertebrae that Joel and Eve have between them… hypothetically. Eve “moves like she has a hundred”, Joel’s spin is fused and he jokes he only has 11.
“visually striking” ***** The Herald
Showed as part of the Unlimited Festival at Tramway, Glasgow, 111 was a hit with audiences and critics alike. Now listed in the Guardian as one of the top 12 shows at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe, you can catch the show at The Emerald Theatre, Greenside from 19th August.
If you would like more information or would like to programme the show please get in touch using the link below.
111 is commissioned and supported by Unlimited, celebrating the work of disabled artists, with funding from Spirit of 2012, The Work Room, The Place, Made in Scotland, Creative Scotland and Tramway.
- Joel Brown– creator, co-choreographer and performer
- Eve Mutso– co-writer, co-choreographer and performer
- George Bushaway– co-writer
- Mark Gibson– aerial coach
- Susan Hay – producer
WHAT WE NEED
- potential partnership
- creative partners – lighting design, composer, production manager, rehearsal
- in kind support – rehearsal space, technical support, marketing
- support to set up educational projects